10th International Workshop on Rewriting Techniques for Program Transformations and Evaluation
Part of FSCD/CADE 2023
Saturday, July 1st, 2023
The aim of WPTE is to bring together the researchers working on
program transformations, evaluation, and operationally based
programming language semantics, using rewriting methods, in order to
share the techniques and recent developments and to exchange ideas to
encourage further activation of research in this area.
Topics of Interest
- Correctness of program transformations, optimizations and
- Program transformations for proving termination, confluence, and
- Correctness of evaluation strategies.
- Operational semantics of programs, operationally-based program
equivalences such as contextual equivalences and bisimulations.
- Cost-models for arguing about the optimizing power of
transformations and the costs of evaluation.
- Program transformations for verification and theorem proving
- Translation, simulation, equivalence of programs with different
formalisms, and evaluation strategies.
- Program transformations for applying rewriting techniques to
programs in specific programming languages.
- Program transformations for program inversions and program
- Program transformation and evaluation for Haskell and
- Rewriting-based transformations for bidirectional programming and
For the paper submission deadline an extended abstract of at most 10
pages is required. The extended abstract may present original work,
but also work in progress. The program committee will select the
presentations for the workshop based on the submissions. All selected
contributions will be included in the informal proceedings distributed
to the workshop participants. One author of each accepted extended
abstract is expected to present it at the workshop, either in-person or
remotely (although we strongly encourage in-person participation).
Submissions must be prepared in LaTeX using the EPTCS macro package.
All submissions will be electronic via
- Paper submission: 21 April 2023
- Acceptance notifications: 22 May 2023
- Final version: 10 June 2023
- Workshop: Saturday, 1 July 2023
- Formal post-proceedings: autumn 2023 (TBC)
- Adam Barwell, University of St Andrews,, United Kingdom
- Stefan Ciobaca, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Romania (co-chair)
- Carsten Fuhs, Birkbeck University of London, United Kingdom
- Mirai Ikebuchi, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Cynthia Kop, Radboud University, The Netherlands (co-chair)
- David Nowak, CNRS, France
- Rubén Rubio, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Susmit Sarkar, University of St Andrews, United Kingdom
- Hiroshi Unno, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- German Vidal, MiST, VRAIN, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
- Horatiu Cirstea,
LORIA, Université de Lorraine, France
Escobar, Universitat Politècnica de València
Niehren, Inria, Lille.
Nishida, Nagoya University
- David Sabel, LMU Munich
Schmidt-Schauß, Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main